My Books!

Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Beyond the Book: Shoes? Jewelry? Books?

 “No matter how many ___ I have, I always have the urge to buy more.”

When I first proposed this topic I had shoes in mind. It’s very hard to pass up a nice pair of shoes. I was a teacher for thirty five years so I had to wear comfortable shoes, but on weekends I indulged my love for things like strappy little sandals or shoes with flowers on them. I still like both of these very much, but I don’t buy them too much now. At the present time my feet don’t like high heels much. The last shoes I bought are Clark’s, and they were bought for comfort not looks, but they’re cute anyway. One of my projects this summer has been to go through my shoes and get rid of the shoes I couldn’t wear anymore. I assure you a LOT of shoes left my closet. It’s too bad, but LOTS of shoes are left. I didn’t feel so bad when I saw my husband’s shoes. He won’t give away any of his. Or his hats. He has a nice hat collection and seldom goes out of the house without one.

I also thought I might pick jewelry as my ‘can’t pass it up’ item. I love jewelry and always have. My husband learned quickly that jewelry makes a nice present for me. The last piece he gave me matched my ruby ring. It was a ruby tennis bracelet. Previously he had given me earrings and a necklace to match the ring which was my anniversary present. The thing is, though, that I have jewelry to match almost anything you can think of. I really don’t need any more. So, I give a sigh and keep walking when I pass a jewelry store. The only thing I might make an exception for is a blue diamond. I LOVE blue diamonds. What was the last thing I bought for myself? A pair of earrings made like daisies. I have a navy blouse with daisies on the sleeve so I looked at Amazon, and they came through for me. 

I’d probably collect dogs if I could get my husband on board. When we’re out and we drive by a dog he says, “Yes the dog has a home and no we aren’t taking him.” 

So, what would be my ‘can’t have too many item?’ Books. My son was shocked when he got a good look at the books in my library. I read big name authors, new authors, and books whose blurb catches my attention, If I like an author I’ll check to see what else he or she has written. I like series. I also read across a wide variety of genres. The last book I bought was Demon Copperhead which I intend to review for you very soon. (I’ll have to check. Maybe I already did review it.) I also have several more waiting in the queue. One is Treasure At Trail’s End, a historical mystery/romance. Another is Don’t Forget to Write. I keep putting that one off. I never feel guilty for buying books. People can experience so many different lives and emotions in a book. I’ve been a reader since I was a small child. If you ever hear that I have no interest in book you’ll know that I’m pretty bad off! 

Would anyone like to share their ‘must have’ item? I’d love to hear about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment