My Books!

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

You'll Like This

It's raining in SC today.  It's raining so hard I can't imagine anyone besides a fish wanting to go outside.  Weather like this makes me want to cook something warm to take the chill off.  What do you think about this chicken pie?  Come by my house around 6:30, and I'll have it ready.


Chicken Pot Pie 



1 chicken stewed, debone, and chopped

1 can mixed vegetables drained

sage to taste

1 can cream of celery soup

1 can cream of chicken soup

1 stick butter

1 cup self rising flour

1 cup buttermilk



Place chicken in the bottom of a casserole dish.  Layer mixed vegetables on top.  Sprinkle sage over vegetables.  Mix soup and broth.  Heat until smooth on low heat.  Pour on top of vegetables.  Mix melted butter, flour, and buttermilk until smooth and pour on top of casserole.  Bake at 350 for 30-45 minutes until brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment