My Books!

Friday, May 11, 2012

Sweet Saturday Sample: Who Can Think At A Time Like This?

Welcome to Sweet Saturday Sample. In today's sample my heroine Kara calls my hero Ross to come over and give her a little sympathy because her sister stole her fiance.


Ross’s eyes met hers with a hot glint that made Kara’s breath quicken. “Kara, I’m truly sorry for any heartache this causes you. I want to be a comfort to you, but it’s hard to keep my mind on a cancelled wedding when a woman wearing a pair of pants that are probably a sin is driving me totally out of my mind.” He slid across the sofa and kissed her.

Hadn’t he listened to her? Why did he think she… Rational thought deserted Kara as she submitted to his kiss. Ross Williams who couldn’t put two words together in her presence was kissing her with such passion and abandonment it drove all thoughts of Kelly and Brandon’s betrayal from her mind.

Ross raised his head long enough to murmur, “Forget about the past. It’s over and done with.”
Kara nodded. How could she think of the past when Ross was kissing her like there was no tomorrow?

You can buy Her Kind of Man at Amazon, Barnes and Noble and at http://www.lachesispublishing.com/proddetail.asp?prod=HerKindofMan Thanks so much for stopping by. If you'd like to read more excerpts, scroll down. I have a lot of stuff from her Kind of Man.

4 comments:

  1. Ah, who doesn't lose all rational thought when a good kiss comes along! Thanks for sharing....

    Here's MY SWEET SATURDAY SAMPLE

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you wove together "forget the past" and "kissing her like there was no tomorrow." Clever! Beautiful description of their kiss too. I'm enjoying this story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who says he has to talk if he can kiss her like that. Actions do speak louder than words

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kissing the pain into the past sounds like a good plan to me

    ReplyDelete