My Books!

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Beyond the Book: Cherry Pie


Welcome to this issue of Beyond the Book.  My name is Princess Morgane.   I am Madame Cantrell’s heroine in her wonderful tale The Enchanted.  As I am a princess, I do not make a habit of cooking, but I have learned to make Prince Alan’s favorite dessert.  It is simple and makes use of seasonal fruit available in the kingdom.  The king is fond of this dish as well.  He is noted for his sweet tooth.  I am sure if you try this tasty recipe, you will love it too.  Until next week.

 

Creeping Crust Cherry Cobbler

 

2 cups pitted, sour cherries and juice

1/4 cup sugar

1/2 cup butter

1 cup self rising flour

1 cup sugar

½ cup milk.

 

Cook cherries, their juice, and ¼ cup sugar until sugar is melted.  In a casserole dish melt butter.  Mix flour, 1 cup sugar; add 1 cup milk.  Pour this batter over melted butter.  Do not stir.  Pour cherries over batter.  Again, do not stir.  Bake for 30 minutes at 375.  You can use 16 oz of canned fruit for this, and you can use other fruits.  I adjusted the amount of sugar because I thought the original recipe was too sweet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment