My Books!

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Beyond the Book: Tables

Hello and welcome to Beyond the Book, your chance to connectwith the characters you've known and loved in Elaine's books. My name is Kathryn Sinclair, Elaine's heroine in Blue 52. Have you ever thought about dining tables?  Oh, I know, you set your plate on them, right? Of course you do, but if you think about it, tables are witness to all sorts of life dramas. On Sunday my entire family gathered together for a traditional Sunday dinner. I put a pretty retro styled tablecloth on the table, and we sat around for a long time talking after we finished our meal. What did we talk about? Something special: a lot of hopes and dreams for my granddaughter and her husband, college, and a new job for one family member.

Right before Christmas I covered the table with newspaper and plastic, and my family gathered to make make Christmas ornaments. Paint, glitter, and glue went everywhere. We still talk about how much fun we had.

Hank (hero Blue 52) and I sat around the table to plan our wedding. Not long ago Hank and I used our table when we hosted a Saturday night dinner where people got really loud and rowdy talking politics. (I know. I should have expected that. I married into a political family, right?)

Which of the tables pictured below is your favorite? If you're interested in my story, you can find Blue 52 at Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Whiskey Creek Press.







Photo Credit:
By AgnosticPreachersKid (Own work) [CC-BY-SA-3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons
By Leo de Vos from id., The Netherlands (Stijlkamers van het Eysingahuis 01) [CC-BY-SA-2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons

No comments:

Post a Comment