My Books!

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Saturday Sample: Rest Thy Head

Welcome to Saturday Sample. My excerpt today is from Rest Thy Head. In this excerpt my heroine has been accused of theft by an inn guest. She insists that Jake inspect her bag to prove her innocence.

“Just search,” Peyton interjected. She ran over to the closet and thrust a small bag at Jake. “Here. Take this.”

With a scowl, he unzipped Peyton’s bag and started to rummage around. “There’s nothing inside.”


Mrs. Haynes pointed to a side compartment. “Look in that little side compartment.” Her voice was so shrill it grated on Jake’s ears and made them ring.

He thrust his hand into the side pocket and bumped something smooth and cold. His head spun; he hoped he wasn’t about to pass out.

“You found it, didn’t you? I can tell by the look on your face,” Mrs. Haynes crowed. “I told you so.”
Heart burning, Jake withdrew the missing jewelry. 

Buy link: http://amzn.to/1uKJ3Xv

No comments:

Post a Comment