My Books!

Friday, January 16, 2015

Saturday Sample


Welcome to Saturday Sample. In my excerpt today, my heroine declares her feelings for my hero and totally knocks his socks off.

Jake’s head tilted. Why did her voice sound so strange? Like she was breathless from running. “The horses are fine. They took shelter between those two big firs outside.”

Peyton brushed her hair out of her eyes and looked at him with such an intense expression that he felt like hunching his shoulders for protection, though he had no idea what from. “Why are you looking at me like that?”

She blinked. “Why, I’m not looking at you any way.”

“Yes, you are,” Jake insisted. “Like I had toilet paper on my shoe or something.”

“I am not.”

Yes, she was. She was staring at him and had been ever since he came back inside. Turning his back on her, he started to rummage around in the cabinets. “Think old Drew had any coffee?”

“Probably. He loves coffee.”


He found a jar of instant stuck behind a cup. “Here’s a jar of instant.”

Peyton made a face. “I guess it’s better than nothing.”

Jake rummaged around for a pot to boil some water and caught her staring at him again. Oh, wait, she must be staring at his face. He’d forgotten to sit so that the worst of it was turned away from her. He carried the water over to the fire and caught her staring again. This time he stared back at her. The expression on her face absolutely took his breath away. Her beautiful blue eyes had gone all misty, and her face looked soft, rosy, and dreamy. And oh, those moist looking, tempting lips.

“Jake.”

“What?” He held his breath in anticipation of her answer. Her eyes dropped. “I...I ...nothing. Well...”


“What is it?”


“I love you,” Peyton blurted out.


Rest Thy Head is available at most all online retail outlets.

No comments:

Post a Comment