My Books!

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Snippet Sunday and Weekend Writing Warriors

Welcome to Snippet Sunday and Weekend Writing Warriors, your chance to sample the work of a talented group of authors. My excerpt today is from Return Engagement one of my Whiskey Creek Press releases. When you finish here you can find more excerpts at:

http://www.wewriwa.com
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SnippetSunday/

An accidental meeting on a California beach leads to a proposal after a long separation brought about by my hero's father who didn't think my heroine was good enough to be in his family.



He exhaled noisily as his head dropped to her shoulder.
“Not that it matters,” he murmured, “but why’d you say yes?”

“I…I’m not sure. Maybe it’s the way I feel when you
hold me. Maybe it’s because you’re so darn forceful. Maybe
it’s because I’ve never been able to forget you.” She paused.
“Maybe it’s even because I love you.”

Buy link for paperback: http://www.amazon.com/Return-Engagement-Elaine-Cantrell/dp/1603139990/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1422761077&sr=8-1&keywords=return+engagement+by+elaine+cantrell    

Buy link for ebook: http://www.whiskeycreekpress.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=819

16 comments:

  1. That's the way to go, so many reasons to say yes. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, that is such a sweet snippet. Perfect for the month of hearts... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a reasonable list--and I love her final line, Elaine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well... those are four good reasons! Nice snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, wonderful! I'm so glad she had the courage to bring up love. Terrific snippet! I want to hug somebody myself now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely moment in time when she confesses her love. And oh, the dear list. How much do I love thee, let me count the ways.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those were all wonderful reasons. And I like both of the MCs already.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, all great reasons. Good snippet, Elaine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are all good reasons, especially that last one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, I love it! So many reasons and I bet none are the ones he was expecting to hear! Grey job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, I love her response! This story sounds powerful and romantic. Great snippet.

    ReplyDelete