My Books!

Saturday, June 27, 2015

Snippet Sunday and Weekend Writing Warriors


Welcome to Snippet Sunday and Weekend Writing Warriors, your chance to sample the works of a talented group of authors. I've been sharing excerpts from Return Engagement. To recap, my hero and heroine met on a beach ten years after his father broke them up. There's still a great attraction between them. The only problem is that she's engaged to another man. They've had hot dogs at a beachfront cafe and he won her a stuffed cat at a carnival. They've just left the shooting gallery, and she asked him if he was blushing after she bragged on him.

The color in Richard’s face deepened. “I don’t think so. It’s just the lights.”

“Oh, yes you are! You always used to blush when I teased you. Did I embarrass you?”

Richard ducked his head, a little gesture of vulnerability that probably sent her blood pressure sky high. “All right, my face does feel a little warm” he admitted, “but no, you didn’t embarrass me. It’s...well it’s kind of nice to have you flirt with me and brag on me. I’m surprised how bad I wanted to
show off and win that cat for you.”


Return Engagement is available at Amazon or at http://www.whiskeycreekpress.com

15 comments:

  1. Aw, nothing quite so sweet as a guy trying to impress. Good snippet, Elaine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it ... a guy who's embarrassed... nice little excerpt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll bet her fiance, ol' what's-his-name, takes compliments as his due. Or at least isn't a adorable about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. New love can't compete with that old, comfortable, familiar kind of love. Good 8, Elaine! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet and so familiar to these two old lovers. I'm falling in love. This brings back fond memories.

    ReplyDelete
  6. He wants to impress her--but does she want to be impressed? She'll have to decide eventually!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like these two characters a lot! Can't wait for more, enjoyed his embarrassment inagoodway today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's nice to find a guy who doesn't think it's unmanly to blush.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Honesty is such a turn-on. He's scored a lot of points in this scene! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. While his blush made for some nice banter, at a deeper level it also showed that his body reacts to her the same way as before. Nice snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've got two nicely developed characters here. You're pacing this perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like how these two connect with each other. There's more than just chemistry; there is camaraderie. The romance is in the friendship that they have, a friendship that doesn't need to be rebuilt every time they fade away and then return (because real friends do that).

    And his honesty is very sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It meant so much to him to win the stuffed cat, love it. Flirting is dangerous though with an engaged man on the hook. Hope they both realize soon what it is they really want, each other.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sweet that he won the cat for her. I love that he blushed. :)

    ReplyDelete