My Books!

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Beyond the Book: Rest Thy Head


Hi, my name is Jake Douglas. I know Elaine has been doing a cowgirl series for Rest Thy Head, and today I have something to say. Being a cowgirl is more than just wearing the right clothes, it's an attitude, a way of life. When Peyton came to Rest Thy Head she'd never ridden a horse, but she took to riding like a duck to water. Here's a picture of her horse, Reggie. (Reggie's named after a girl I date in high school, but don't tell.)

 Besides riding, Peyton learned how to camp in the wilderness and tell ghost stories around a campfire. We had a bad experience in a cave, but even though she was the one it happened to, she was worried about me, not herself.

Of course, talking about ghosts is pretty common at Rest Thy Head. Everyone knows it's haunted.
Peyton doesn't like to admit it, but I'm pretty sure she's seen it.



So my hat's off to my beautiful Peyton who was willing to see past my scarred exterior and convince me to rejoin the human race. Her can-do, whatever it takes attitude is the essence of what a cowgirl ought to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment