My Books!

Thursday, June 11, 2015

Beginning With a Bang

I retired on June 6, and on June 8, we had a water pipe to burst inside our bathroom wall. I guess it wouldn't equal the flow of water in the Mississippi or the Nile, but it sure looked big on the bathroom floor. We called a plumber who came right out and fixed it for a reasonable fee. (Yeah, we'll call him again if we need help.)

Anyway, since we had to cut holes in the wall, I think I'll repaint the bathroom. Now bear in mind that I'm operating under a big handicap here. My husband LOVES the floor we have now, and I HATE it. It's an eighties mauve ceramic that goes with absolutely nothing. The only way it looks halfway decent is if the wall color is pretty dark. Well, the bathroom is too small to be dark. I painted it a dark ... oh, shoot, I don't know what color it is. Just look at the picture and decide for yourself. 

I've decided that the new color will be a nice mid-range gray. Will it provide enough contrast to the horrible floor? I have no idea, but I guess I'll find out. Oh, if you see the white streaks on the wall, that's where the hubby dripped while he was patching.

No comments:

Post a Comment