My Books!

Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Beyond the Book: The Captain and the Cheerleader.


Hello, and welcome to Beyond the Book. I've been sharing excerpts from The Captain and the Cheerleader. I'm picking up where I left off last week. Robin Lanford who's a royal pain in the butt just bet Susan English that she couldn't get a date with Kurt Deveraux, the head football coach. Some of the other faculty members also got in on the bet. Kurt showed up and Susan asked about the football game later that night. Now, Kurt has gone to be with the football players before the game. He told his friend Jason that Susan had given him a compliment.

Blurb:
Susan English can’t stand Robin Lanford! She’s so full of herself she irritates everyone on the faculty of Fairfield High. When Robin bets Susan fifty dollars that she can’t get a date with Kurt Deveraux, the head football coach, Susan jumps at the chance to put the little heifer in her place. She had no idea that teaching Robin a lesson would irrevocably change her life, strain treasured friendships, and throw two families into chaos.

Excerpt:
Kurt grinned. “Susan said she knew I’d tried my best to get the team ready for Middleton.”

“Oh, it was a football compliment. Smart girl.” Jason leered at him. “You still think she’s hot?”

Kurt’s fork paused on its way to his mouth. “I never said that, but, yeah, I do. Susan English could put a movie star to shame.”

“What about Aleisha Childs?”

“What about her?”


Jason paused to swallow a big drink of his tea and made Kurt smile. Mrs. Kirby always provided the tea for the football team, exactly what he had hoped for when he complimented her on how good it tasted. Everyone at school loved it, and that included the football team.

“We’ve known Aleisha since we were ten,” Jason said. “She’s awfully pretty. How many times have you gone out with her now?”

“A few. I like Aleisha, but Susan can put her in the shade. And before you ask, I have no idea if Aleisha and I are serious about each other.” 

Buy link: http://amzn.to/1NDgnrg 
 

1 comment:

  1. I love that last line...I have no idea if we're serious about each other . . .

    ReplyDelete