My Books!

Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Beyond the Book: The Captain and the Cheerleader


Hello, and welcome to Beyond the Book. I've been sharing excerpts from The Captain and the Cheerleader. I'm picking up where I left off last week. Robin Lanford who's a royal pain in the butt just bet Susan English that she couldn't get a date with Kurt Deveraux, the head football coach. Some of the other faculty members also got in on the bet. Kurt showed up and Susan asked about the football game later that night. Now, Kurt has gone to be with the football players before the game. He told his friend Jason that Susan had given him a compliment, and Jason reminded him that he already had a girl named Aleisha Childs. Kurt isn't sure if it's serious between them.

Blurb:
Susan English can’t stand Robin Lanford! She’s so full of herself she irritates everyone on the faculty of Fairfield High. When Robin bets Susan fifty dollars that she can’t get a date with Kurt Deveraux, the head football coach, Susan jumps at the chance to put the little heifer in her place. She had no idea that teaching Robin a lesson would irrevocably change her life, strain treasured friendships, and throw two families into chaos.

Excerpt:
Jason picked up the tea pitcher and refilled Kurt’s glass. “You don’t have to tell me you like Susan’s looks. I’ve seen the way you stare at her when you think nobody’s watching. Especially her legs. You’ve always noticed a woman’s legs.”

Kurt cursed his fair skin as his face burned. “I think she’s a classy, elegant woman, and you’re right about her legs. They’re slender and about a mile long.”

“Are you thinking of asking her out?” Jason shrugged. “It isn’t any of my business, but...”

“You’re asking anyway. Yes, I’ve thought about it. I heard she broke up with that guy, what’s his name, Tommy Price, but you’d better keep it to yourself.” Kurt frowned at Jason. “I don’t see any need for the whole world to know my business.”

“Is she coming to the game tonight?”

“She didn’t say, and I didn’t ask.”


“Well, you probably wouldn’t have any time for 
her anyway,” Jason said as he picked up his cheeseburger.


They finished their meal and went with the team to the locker room. In the rush Kurt forgot about Susan and her compliment. His team deserved his entire attention when they were facing a formidable opponent like Middleton. 

buy link: http://amzn.to/1NDgnrg



1 comment: