My Books!

Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Beyond the Book: Pretty Hard To Do

What four words describe you? I thought this would be an easy topic, but it’s turning out to be hard for me to do. People change over time, but as of today here are four words that describe me.

Loyal is my first word. I guess I’m like an old dog. If you’re my friend or I’ve made some type of commitment to you I’ll be loyal. You don’t have to worry about that. It doesn’t matter if it’s convenient or not. I’ll be there for you no matter what. 

My second word is acceptance. When I was much younger I had an idea of how life ought to be, and if someone didn’t live up to my expectations I was very disappointed in them. But now I don’t expect everyone to do life the way I do. I’m more accepting of behavior and beliefs that are different from mine. That doesn’t mean I approve of destructive behaviors, and sometimes I’ll express that view. However, I can still love a person who has disappointed me. 

My third word is determined. If I set my mind on something I work diligently until I achieve my objective. Obstacles are no more than temporary roadblocks that i have to navigate around. There have been a few situations that I couldn’t conquer, but I’ve won more than I’ve lost. 

My last word is really two words: family orientated. I feel very fortunate to have been blessed with two fine sons and three grandchildren. They all live nearby so I can see them often. One of my greatest joys in life is getting the family together for a meal or some other activity. I hope to be a continuing example for my family, especially my grandchildren. I cherish their love. I hope that one day when I’m gone they’ll remember me with fondness and remember the good things I’ve tried to teach them.

What about you? What are your four words?

No comments:

Post a Comment