My Books!

Tuesday, January 12, 2021

Beyond the Book: See the People

Once it’s safe to do so, what’s the first thing you want to do that you haven’t been able to do in the last 10-12 months?

I intend to reconnect with my friends and family as soon as possible. Talking on the phone is great, but it sure can’t compare to an in person visit.

Each week we attend church services at one of the local churches, but since covid came along we haven’t been able to go. Covid attacks lungs, and I have pulmonary fibrosis, a lung disease that wouldn’t mix with covid at all. We’ve watched services on You Tube, but again that isn’t the same as being there.

I also intend to reconnect with my Lunch Bunch friends. Every Tuesday a group of ladies meet and have lunch together. We all bring a dish, and we eat whatever is there. We’ve joked about what we’d do if everyone brought dessert one day, but so far that hasn’t happened. I miss them very much so I’ll be back as soon as possible. 

We know a couple that we’ve been friends with for a long time, but because of my lungs we’ve stayed pretty close to home so we haven’t seen them in some time. I miss them both and can’t wait to resume our weekly Saturday dinner together.

My kids have been really good about staying in and obeying the rules so I have been able to see them, but they worry about me getting covid so they don’t visit as they used to. It’ll be nice to be able to see them anytime I want.

My cousins call every week, but we don’t see them. We’ve missed out on a lot of family get togethers since this time last year. 

It’ll also be nice to go shopping without worrying about getting sick. I can’t wait to visit my favorite restaurant either. 

I guess overall I’ve done better than a lot of people during this trying time, but I sure will be glad when all of this is over. 


No comments:

Post a Comment