My Books!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Is Raine New To You?


Hi, Raine. Welcome to the blog. Tell us a little bit about you and your work.

A: Hi there and thanks for having me here. My name is Raine Delight and I write for Shadowfire Press and Secret Cravings. I currently write paranormal erotic romance but am branching out into other genres such as sci-fi and M/M. My muse is a twin of Johnny Depp and always seems to leave me to go sip mai tai's on the beach while i bang my head against the desk.

I recently signed with my two new publishers so all of my books that were previously released are sold elsewhere. Currently I have one book out at Shadowfire press called Fantasies Unbound. It's a retitled, re-released previously released story of a fae prince finding out that in order to avoid an arranged marriage, he needs to find his fated mate ASAP. What he doesn't expect is that she is human and humans are a no-no in his world. Can a magical Faberge egg, a meddling fae queen mother and a destined love have these two have their forever love?

Can you describe the time you first realized you were a “real” writer?
A: When I got my first royalty check. It wasn't very big but it was something I earned with my scribblings so to speak. That was when it was real to me.

Why do you write? It’s hard work.

A: You got that right. I swear I literally have to force myself to get moving on projects because between my day job demands, family and real life, if I didn't force myself to write a little each day I would never be able to get a manuscript done. But when I ship off a completed book to my editor, I am tickled pink that it's finally done...until edits that is. :)

What are your future goals for your writing?
A: I would eventually like to get an agent and move to a NY house but frankly I have been happy with my e-publishers and don't see that happening anytime soon. Hopefully I would like to get some of my books in print if sales are good enough.

Would you share your links so we can find you on the web?
A: Sure! Here is where you can find me on the web:

Website: http://authorrainedelight.com
Blog: http://authorrainedelight.wordpress.com
Facebook: look for AuthorRaine-Delight
Yahoo Loop: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Author_Raine_Delight (open promo day is Fridays-Mondays)

We’d love to read an excerpt. Don’t forget to give us a buy link.
Buy links:
Shadowfire Press:
All Romance E-Book Store

Fantasies Unbound by Raine Delight
An Easter Egg themed title
Genre: Paranormal/Fantasy Sensual Romance
Heat Level: Warmer
Length: Story 11,400 words / 56 pages
Price: $2.50
Released 4th March 2011 from Shadowfire Press
http://www.shadowfirepress.com/

Can destiny lead a Fae Prince to the one woman who can complete him mind, body and soul?

Blurb:
Prince Aryan has looked all over the fairy court for his destined mate. Time is running out before his mother, the queen of the Fae folk, will be forced to arrange a suitable marriage for him. Finally hearing the call of his mate, he is stunned to find her in the human world. Can Aryan find a way to make Skye his for all time even as he breaks the law for loving a human?

Skye Andrews has had it with bad dates and unsuitable men. As a last resort, she turns to her aunt who brews a love potion for her to find her destined mate. What she finds is that magic can happen….even with a little help of a love potion and a well meaning but meddling fairy queen. Can Skye find a way to live happily ever after with the one man who is the other half of her soul?

Excerpt:
Skye sat with her hands fisted in her shirttails so she wouldn't throttle her well-meaning yet clueless Aunt Mary. The smoking cauldron on the stove erupted into another hiss, and the smell was making her stomach curdle.

Aunt Mary muttered to herself as she gathered the necessary ingredients for the love spell from various places in the ancient farmhouse.

Skye tried not to cringe when her aunt walked too close to a knife sitting on the edge of the table. Clearing her throat, Skye mustered enough courage to ask, "Is this thing supposed to be turning black and smelling like rotten eggs?"

"Oh my, yes dearie." Aunt Mary said as she bustled around the kitchen.

Skye blew out a deep breath and tried to keep calm as she watched her aunt stir something that looked suspiciously like toad legs in the cauldron. Yuck. I swear, some days it's almost too much to bear, with Mary's new found interest in new age-isms and spells that do everything but what they're supposed to. Skye looked at the clock and sighed, knowing she wasn't going to get on the road back to Dayton any sooner than her aunt deemed it worthy.

Skye tried not to sound dejected but after her disastrous Valentine date where her date just talked and talked about his life and career, she felt lost on the planes of life. With each day going by, it was almost too much to bear as she watched friends find their significant others and fall in love. Her aunt was determined to get the sparkle back in her eyes, or so she said the first night. It was enough to make Skye cringe in horror but she couldn't say anything mean to the one person who loved her more than anything. Flipping her hair off her face, she breathed a sigh of relief as she watched her aunt finish whatever she was doing to the brew until Mary turned around with a bottle of the foul smelling stuff.

"Here you go dear. All finished and ready to be imbibed by you! All you need to do is say three times: "I wish for my true love to find me" and then within seven days, according to the spell book I got from a used book store, your true love will find you and steal your heart away," Aunt Mary said as she gazed fondly at Skye, who was trying to look happy but failing miserably.

Skye took the bottle and peered at it grimacing. It was blackish-blue in color, with something that looked like lightning bugs shining in it, winking here and there. For a moment it was like watching a kaleidoscope of colors, enough to make her eyes become cross eyed. Uncorking the bottle, Skye tried to shield her expression from Mary but a shudder ran through her as she again thought of the men who got away or chose someone else and firmed her resolve to find a love of her own. A pleasant licorice scent wafted from the brew and though Skye was skeptical, she had to admit it smelled better than it looked. Muttering, "Let's hope it tastes as pleasant as it smells or I am going to throw up chunks," Skye leaned back and gulped the liquid. As she finished the last drop, she put down the bottle and recited the words her aunt told her to say:

"I wish for my true love."

"I wish for my true love."

"I wish for my true love."

Skye turned to the window and prayed this drink didn't make her sick when she caught a glimpse of a face looking at her. It was enough to cause her to gasp quietly and take a step back. Those moss green eyes seemed to call to her, longing for something and it was enough for Skye to wonder if she was losing her mind. She looked away thinking it was a figment of her imagination but the face still stared at her; those chiseled cheeks, full, round lips that made her long to feel them over her own and those cheekbones would give a model envy. Skye felt her body sit up and take notice and her panties got moist with her racing desire. Soon the face faded, though it felt like time stopped and only Skye could see what was there. Shaking her head, she said, "It was nothing. Just a figment of your imagination or a trick with the light; he isn't real at all. But, why does my heart and mind tell me otherwise? Is he "The One" I been searching for?" Skye wondered as she got ready to leave for home.

Click the link to buy
http://www.tinyurl.com/Fantasies-RDelight

No comments:

Post a Comment