My Books!

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Beyond the Book: Adopt a Shelter Dog


Hello, readers, Rascal here.  October iz Adopt a Shelter Dog Month. i wuz a shelter dog when i wuz a pup.  My mama says I'm the best dog in the world. When I'm hungry i take her hand in my mouth and lead her to the black box that she calls the refrigerater.  i bring her my rawhide bone an' she holds it 4 me 2 chew.  i tak her on walks 2 git exurcise, an' i keep the cats from bothering her.  i sit on her feet 2 keep them warm.  i like her fashun post on friday. my mama rote a story about a man who owned a dog.  The book is called Her Kind of Man.  Mama said i could share part of it with you so here goes.


NO. WAIT. Mama said furst i had 2 say who won her prize at blogfest.  it wuz Donna Smith the happy booker. Now let's read some stuff.

 

Ross set Justin down the minute he and Bobby stepped off the porch. The child took off running while Bobby and Ross sat down on the steps to watch him play.

Bobby leaned back on his elbows and crossed his legs. “She’s nicer than she used to be.”
 “Yeah, she is,”  Ross replied as he patted his big collie who’d ambled over for some attention.
“In high school she didn’t have much time for anyone outside of her own circle of friends, not even a good-looking kid like you.”
“Thanks for the compliment.” Ross laughed as he gave the dog one final pat.
“Don’t let it go to your head,” Bobby retorted. “Are you serious about her, or is too soon to tell?”
“I want her, Bobby.”
Bobby sucked in his breath. “Is she serious about you?”
“What is this, twenty questions?” Ross threw a scowl Bobby’s way, but it didn’t seem to faze him.
"It's me worrying about my kid brother."
Ross relented. “All right, I don’t think she’s serious about me yet, but I think she will be. Right now she’s hurt over Miles and her sister, but I’ve been able to make her enjoy my company anyway, so yeah, I think things are going to work out fine.”
Bobby picked up a pebble and tossed it across the yard. “Did you sleep with her last night?”
 
Ross iz Mama's hero. He and his bruther are talking bout Kara, the gurl Ross wants.  You can get the book at http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2/182-7173664-2686632?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=her+kind+of+man
 




 


 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment