My Books!

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Saturday Sample

Today's Saturday Sample comes from Rest Thy Head. I hope you aren't tired of it because I just love this book. In this excerpt, Peyton my heroine has just asked for a job at Rest Thy Head.

Patrick thought for a moment. “You’d be working for my
brother. Would his face bother you?”

“No, it wouldn’t. It surprised me this morning, but I don’t
mind.”

Patrick pursed his lips. “We don’t have a room for you.
You’d have to find somewhere to live.”

“How about the maid’s room on the third floor?”

Patrick’s eyebrows shot straight up. “Who told you about
that room?”

“One of the maids.”

“I don’t know what to tell you about that.” He ran his hand
through his red hair and made it stand straight up. “We’ve had
guests stay in the room before, but not for long. People say it’s
haunted.”

Peyton burst into laughter.

“You laugh now, but if you see something you probably
won’t laugh. The last guest who stayed there left in the middle of
the night. He said some woman kept pushing him out of the bed.”

Peyton laughed again. How could anyone really believe in
ghosts? “Sounds like a vivid dream to me. I don’t believe in ghosts.
I’m perfectly willing to live in that room if you hire me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment