My Books!

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Saturday Sample: The Captain and the Cheerleader


I'm still sharing excerpts from The Captain and the Cheerleader. We're picking up today where we left off last week. Kurt just arrived to take my heroine to a party after she  won a football game for him.

He forced himself to stop staring. “I’ve never had a beautiful woman win a football game for me. How did you know your play would work?”

Susan laughed, a musical sound that made him want to laugh with her. “I wish I could take the credit for it, but I can’t. It’s one of my dad’s plays. He coached high school football for thirty years before he retired.”

“No wonder you always enjoy football. You were raised on it. I almost killed your messenger, but I’m glad he stood his ground. Your dad’s play won the game.”


“Yes, I thought it would.”

Susan rose from the sofa and took her jacket off the back of a chair. My oh my, what a view! Her entire outfit fit so snugly it might have been painted on, but it didn’t look off color or suggestive. Instead, the jeans and sweater looked elegant and classic, just like Susan herself.

A look of chagrin crossed her face when she turned back around. “I think I’ve been a bad hostess. Would you like a drink before we go, or should we be on our way?”

“I don’t really drink. I guess you think it’s corny, but I want to set a good example for the kids.”

Susan nodded as if his answer pleased her. “I don’t think that’s corny at all, and I don’t drink either. Coffee’s about the strongest thing I’m interested in.”

“If you’re ready, we’ll get going.”

She smiled at him, and after he helped her with her jacket, she locked the front door.
Jason was right. I’ve always wanted to go out with her. For a long time I’ve hoped she’d break up with that guy she was dating. This is my chance, and I don’t plan to mess it up. 

Blurb: 
Susan English can’t stand Robin Lanford! She’s so full of herself she irritates everyone on the faculty of Fairfield High. When Robin bets Susan fifty dollars that she can’t get a date with Kurt Deveraux, the head football coach, Susan jumps at the chance to put the little heifer in her place. She had no idea that teaching Robin a lesson would irrevocably change her life, strain treasured friendships, and throw two families into chaos.

Buy link:

http://www.amazon.com/Captain-Cheerleader-Elaine-Cantrell-ebook/dp/B017HSUIH2/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1455945918&sr=1-1&keywords=the+captain+and+the+cheerleader

1 comment: