My Books!

Monday, September 19, 2016

An Interview With Astrid Arditi



I have a special guest at the blog today. If you were here on Tuesday you read my review for A Cunning Plan by Astrid Arditi. Today, I have an interview with Astrid, and just in case you missed the review, I'll repost it here.

            Welcome, Astrid. How did you romantic comedy/suspense as your genre?

I’m a romantic at heart and a sucker for all romantic comedies. But while reading pure chick lit, I often get bored. The love interest alone isn’t always enough to keep me invested in a novel. This is where the suspense comes in. On top of the romantic suspense, there’s also a strong element of comedy in A Cunning Plan. Who doesn’t love to laugh?

1                           Besides yourself, who is your favorite author in the genre in which you write ?
I’m a die-hard fan of Janet Evanovich’s Stephanie Plum series. She’s the queen of romantic/comedy suspense. 

1                If you could spend an afternoon with any famous person living or dead who would it be?
             Marie Antoinette so I could tour her closet! J I’m also pretty sure she couldn’t be as    superficial and stupid as she was described. Would love to know the truth behind the myth. 


1               What’s the hardest part of writing for you ?
           Finding the time to write ! With two young kids and a husband who loves to move us around, getting a few hours to myself can be somewhat of a challenge. We moved 5 times in the past 4 years!

1               What future plans for your writing do you have ?
            I’m currently writing the second book in the Sloane Harper series, A Cunning Heist, and hopefully, there are many more in store.


Astrid, thank you so much for your nice interview. I think Marie Antoinette is a wonderful choice myself. Her clothes were beautiful. I truly enjoyed your book. I believe one day you'll have another Stephanie Plum on your hands. Now for that review.

Blurb:
Determined to put her family back together, Sloane Harper stalks her ex husband and his annoyingly stunning mistress, Kate Stappleton. But she’s not the only one.

Handsome IRS agent Ethan Cunning is surveying Kate too, but for entirely different reasons. He is attempting to nail Kate’s playboy boss.


Ethan and Sloane decide to help each other, which sends Sloane’s wobbly life spinning out of control. She’ll have to face danger, humiliation, and – scariest of all – the dating scene, to lure her daughters’ father home.
Losing control was the best thing to happen to Sloane…until it turned lethal.


Review:
I really enjoyed this book. Romantic comedy is one of my favorite genres so I was pleased to have the chance to read the book. I think the reason I enjoyed it so much is because of the heroine. I was hooked when she was straightening out her panties in the car (she was in the car because she was stalking her ex-hubands's new girlfriend) and looked up to find a strange man watching her. Ordinarily I don't guess it would make any difference what he saw, but in this case she's going to have a whole lot more interaction with him. 

I also loved the housekeeper who hung out with our heroine when she was stalking the girlfriend. The ex-husband: so not worth the stalking or heartache.


Of course, there are some pretty tense moments in the book too, but I'll let you discover those for yourself. Just be aware that when you read the last couple of lines in the book, you're gonna smile. 




No comments:

Post a Comment