My Books!

Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Beyond the Book: Is This Really a Gadget?


laundry bag

Is This Really a Gadget?

I’m not much of a gadget person to tell the truth. My sons and my husband love gadgets. Nothing thrills them any more than to find some new, interesting gadget. Recently, though, I found a thing that just thrilled me. I don’t know if you’d really even call it a gadget, and it certainly isn’t new, but I’m so happy to find it. 

So what is it? It’s a small mesh bag that you can put socks or more delicate items in before you throw it in the wash. Oh, you already know about that? I’m sure you do. I think everybody knew about it before I did. 

My epiphany came when we had to call the repairman to fix the washer, which for some reason groaned and ground when we tried to use it. After what seemed like a long time, the man showed me a sock. “I found it sucked into the motor,” he said. 

So that’s what happens when you lose a sock! The washing machine really does eat them.  So anyway I was in Wal Mart a few days later and spotted one of those mesh bags. Brilliant! I’ll put my socks in the bag, and that way the washer is safe and I have matching socks.

How has it worked out for me? Very well. So far if I put ten socks in I get ten socks out. Wonderful isn’t it? 

Next time I’ll try to find a proper gadget to tell you about, but for right now I’m just glad not to lose any more socks. How many of you use those marvelous little bags?

No comments:

Post a Comment