My Books!

Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Beyond the Book: Book Review

 

Book Blurb

In their attempts to have a child, a husband and wife must contend with personal desires, crossed boundaries, and broken trust as they reimagine what it truly means to be a family.

Nikki and Kyle Sebastian have a loving and healthy marriage. It’s only missing one thing they want—children. When the couple is diagnosed with “unexplained infertility” and endures several failed rounds of IVF, Kyle, for both their sakes, is unwilling to bury them deeper in emotional and financial debt.

Desperate to have a baby, Nikki betrays Kyle’s trust in an attempt to try IVF one more time. The choice fractures their once-stable union. Now burdened with suspicion, resentment, and further grief, their little family is falling apart.

Picking up the pieces of their broken home means reassessing their dreams for the future—dreams that Nikki’s not ready to give up. If she can’t find a way to forge a new path forward with Kyle, she may find herself alone at the end of the family tree she longs to help grow.

My Review:

I found the book to be a good read. I understood where both the main characters were coming from, and I liked both of them. I’ve known people who longed for a child and couldn’t have one. I’m sure it hurts to see other people who have no problem having children. Nikki wasn’t up for an adoption, though. Personally, I would have tried to adopt. My granddaughter is adopted, and I love her as much as my biological grandchildren. She has given me a lot of happiness over the years. Blessings may come in ways you never expected, but they are blessings anyway.

Nikki didn’t know that, though. In her quest to get pregnant she crosses a line that shouldn’t have been crossed, and may lose it all because of her choice.

The author brings the story to a satisfactory ending, but it isn’t one I expected.

I feel this was a solid read, and I enjoyed it.

What about you? Have you read anything good lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment