My Books!

Tuesday, February 6, 2024

Beyond the Book: Favorite Foods (And There Are Many)

 “What is your favorite food? Does it bring back a memory or why is it your favorite?”

I believe that my favorite food depends on when you ask me. I’m fond of lemon pound cake, but today I think I’d say cheesecake. My friend prepared one for our friend’s birthday party. It was delicious so today I’d probably say cheesecake. As the title says I like most everything. I guess chocolate. If I think about the things I’ve enjoyed over the years, chocolate is probably the thing I’ve never gotten tired of. Why do I like it so well? Probably because it was my parents’ favorite. I remember when my birthday rolled around I always said I wanted a chocolate cake with homemade frosting. So did my sister. We knew a good cake when she tasted it just as I did. I’ve tried to duplicate those cakes using her recipe, but no such luck. 

My mother prepared other chocolate things besides cake. She made one thing that I can duplicate. One of the recipes was called Chocolate Delight. I take it to lots of potlucks, and everyone always wants the recipe. I seldom have anything to bring home.Since people like it so much I thought I’d share the recipe with you. It isn’t hard so anyone can have success with it. Do let me know if you try it. I’d like to know if you like it.

If you’d like feel free to share your favorite chocolate recipe. 

Chocolate Delight

1st layer

1 cup flour

1 stick softened butter

1 cup chopped pecans

Mix together and press into an oblong dish and bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes.

Second Layer

1 8oz softened cream cheese

2 cups powdered sugar

1/2 of a large cool whip container

Mix together and spread over first layer

Third Layer

6 ozs instant chocolate pudding

Mix and pour over the second layer. Spread the remaining cool whip on the top.

I always layer like the recipe calls for, but l use a trifle bowl and end up with more than three layers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment