My Books!

Tuesday, July 23, 2024

Beyond th Book: Let's Explore

  “When you have out-of-state or foreign visitors come to visit, what local attractions will you take them to?”


I wish I had felt better this week. If I could I’d have a taken a lot of pictures for you. South Carolina is a beautiful state, and I think you’d fall in love with it. 

I live in up state South Carolina. I’m not far from the foothills of the Appalachian mountains. Lots of people have been to SC, but most of them think of the ocean. South Carolina has marvelous beaches and entertainments with Charleston not far away. You have to go to Charleston if you get the chance. It’s amazing.

One of the places I love is the mountains. The air is so clear it amazes me. It’s much quieter too. Our condo up there has a balcony about thirty feet from the ground. One night we stepped out on the balcony and saw a mama bear and three babies. One year my granddaughter went with us. We let her go mining. She found a garnet which we made a necklace for her. 

If we wanted to go to some local places I’d have to show you the Hagood Mill.You could see ancient Indian hieroglyphs. We’d also tour cabins made in the 18 hundreds. We’d watch all kind of frontier life skills.

Table Rock is a place not to be missed. The CCC built this starte park during the Depression. It was part of the WPA. People around here love it. You can boat, hike, fish and swim. It’s a great place, but if you like bigger water, you can visit the nearby lakes. They are three of them: Keowee, Jocasse, an Hartwell. 

South Carolina has some very good universities. I live maybe thirty minutes from Clemson University. Go Tigers!

If you like shopping you should bring your debit card and go shopping at Hamrick’s. You won’t believe the low prices. 

I suppose I’ll wrap this up now. I’ve barely scratched the surface of places I’d like to take my guests, but if you ever tour SC I can highly recommend it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment