My Books!

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday: The Cheerleader Messed Up

This sample comes from an unpublished work called The Captain and the Cheerleader.  In this excerpt my hero just found out why a woman he always wanted to date asked him out, and he found out in front of a room full of people he works with.


She caught Kurt right in front of his office door.  “Please, Kurt!  Listen to me.  It isn’t like Robin’s making it out to be.”

“You didn’t make a bet that you could make me ask you out?”
 
            “Yes, I did, but sleeping with you wasn’t a part of the bet."

Picture: http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Miami_Dolphins_cheerleaders_visit_Guantanamo_-e.jpg

9 comments:

  1. I love it! In historicals it's always the guys who're betting they can bed someone! Now the shoe is on the other foot, even though the "bedding" part wasn't part of the bet. I still love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Jeanna. I loved it too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great six. Loved to know how she gets herself out of ths one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yeah. That's going to make him feel better. Sure. I can't wait to see what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for reading my sentences Lyric, Sandra, and Kate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW...you packed quite a punch in those six...loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Christine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, WOW! And that's in front of a group of people? Yeowch! (And endlessly entertaining, LOL!)

    ReplyDelete