My Books!

Friday, August 3, 2012

Sweet Saturday Sample

Welcome to Sweet Saturday Sample.  In this excerpt, my heroine Liesel has just been arrested by my hero, Andy.

Blurb:
Liesel Wolf has a secret, a dangerous secret she’ll go to any lengths to conceal. When she’s paired in a charity game with sexy marshal Andy Bryce, a man with secrets of his own, her carefully constructed world comes crashing down, and Liesel’s on a collision course with her past.

Excerpt:

He picked a nice-looking motel not far from the airport. “Okay, let’s go in,” he said.

“I’m still wearing handcuffs.  Will you take them off, please.”

“So, you can be polite if you want to. That’s nice to know.”

He rummaged around in her bag and found a sweater which he threw over the handcuffs. “Don’t try anything with me. I’ve had enough of your shenanigans.”

After he registered them at the desk, they went upstairs to their room. “Bland and generic,”Andy muttered as he checked the place. “But it’ll do.”

“Why didn’t you get separate rooms?” Liesel haughtily demanded, her eyes filled with scorn. “Do you have an ulterior motive for bringing me here? Do you want to find out what it’s like to possess a woman who belonged to William Wolf?”

5 comments:

  1. Elaine, you have me intrigued! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mighty feisty for a woman in handcuffs! I'm intrigued too! Excellent sample!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm reading the book now and loving it

    ReplyDelete
  4. She certainly knows how to hold her own even in handcuffs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks to everyone for checking out my sample. Lindsay, thanks for reading the book.

    ReplyDelete