My Books!

Sunday, November 24, 2013

Snippet Sunday: The Table in the Window

I've been humming Christmas carols and thinking about decorating for a week now, so I'm giving in to my impulse to post Christmas excerpts. This one is from The Table in the Window. My heroine's fiancé broke up with her right before Christmas, and now another man is showing deep interest in her. In this excerpt, they are in the restaurant where he works having lunch together, and he criticizes her former engagement ring. She naturally wants to know what he'd have given her.  I posted the breakup scene yesterday if you're curious about it.

He thought for a minute. “For you, something in blue to

match your eyes. You do have great eyes.” His own eyes filled with

laughter. “The rest of you isn’t bad either. It’s a cliché, but your

skin really does look as smooth and rich as that cream, and your

figure…” He kissed his fingers to her in a typical French gesture.

Marley blushed. “Blue would be nice,” she allowed.

She couldn’t explain it but, when he smiled at her, she felt

warm all over. The chill that entered her on the day Michael broke

up with her had gone away the first time he smiled at her.


Blurb:
Being dumped by your gorgeous fiancé is bad enough no matter when it happens, but he did it at Christmas time! Marley thinks she’ll never get over it, but Rob Travers disagrees. He sets out to win Marley’s heart, well aware that when she finds out about his past, she may turn her back on him forever.

Buy Link: http://www.amazon.com/The-Table-Window-Elaine-Cantrell-ebook/dp/B006GYAQ26/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1385262741&sr=8-1&keywords=the+table+in+the+window+by+elaine+cantrell

6 comments:

  1. Ooo, he's smooth! This is so sweet. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really enjoyed the dialog! Excellent excerpt, carried me right along and I definitely want to read the rest...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! I have a hunch he'll heal her broken heart. He's already patched it with his smile. Loved the snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the fact that it's corny and and he knows it's corny -- that is an endearing trait.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love secrets! I wonder what his is? Nothing like one man to get over another. He's laying on the charm.:)
    History Sleuth's Milk Carton Murders

    ReplyDelete