My Books!

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Beyond the Book: Character Introduction

Greetings! It is I, Prince Alan, hero of Madame Cantrell's marvelous novel The Enchanted. Last week I was given the honor of introducing Hank Lovinggood, hero of Madame's new book Blue 52, and this week I am allowed to introduce Hank's lovely consort Dr. Kathryn Sinclair. This fabulous book will be available on December 1 from Whiskey Creek Press.

Dr. Sinclair, welcome to Madame's blog. Could you tell the readers a little bit about yourself?

Kathryn: Thank you, Prince Alan. I'd be glad to. My name is Dr. Kathryn Sinclair, and I work for the Curtis Corporation. We have a reputation for turning science fiction into fact. One of the things we've done is perfect a reliable method for cloning human organs which reduces the need for dangerous transplants and anti-rejection drugs. I love my work, and I can't imagine being anything but a physicist. At present, I'm working on a project called Double T which is a .... No, I'd better not tell you about that.

Prince Alan: How did you meet Hank?

Kathryn: (Laughs.) I invited him to get involved in project Double T, and he insulted me so I drove to his house and demanded an apology.

Prince Alan: I am sure he was glad to offer it.

Kathryn: Not really, but he eventually came around.

Prince Alan: Do you have a large family?

Kathryn: (shakes her head) No, my parents are dead, and I only have one brother. His name is Chris. he has a wife and two little girls.

Prince Alan: Perhaps you would share a bit of the book with us.

Kathryn: I certainly will. How about the time I went to his house to demand an apology?

Prince Alan: By all means.


"People used to say it was impossible to raise life expectancy to one hundred fifteen," Kathryn shot back. "They used to say space travel was impossible. They used to say—"

"Spare me the litany."

"I’d like to spare you my company. You’re a closed-minded—"

"Why don’t you spare us all your company?" Hank suggested. "You know the way to the door."

"Hank, that’s enough." Elaine’s eyes bored holes into him. "Really, where are your manners?"
Hank sulkily downed his bourbon and threw himself back into the soft cushions on the sofa. Kathryn smirked at him. Good. He doesn’t like being scolded. She saw his grandfather grin at him, but he didn’t grin back.

Readers, I for one can not wait to read this new book. Here is a short blurb to tell you what it is about.


"First Lady Kills President Lovinggood"

December 29, 2018


Thirty years later Hank Lovinggood embarks on a quest to prove his mother's innocence and punish the killers who took his family from him.  Together Hank and lovely physicist Kathryn Sinclair confront an implacable, twisted, merciless enemy who'll do whatever it takes to hide the truth forever. 




No comments:

Post a Comment