My Books!

Sunday, November 17, 2013

Snippett Sunday: Blue 52


Welcome to Snippet Sunday. My excerpt today is from my mainstream romance Blue 52 which is scheduled to be released on December 1. After you finish here, go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/SnippetSunday/ for more awesome excerpt.

In this excerpt, my heroine gets a nasty surprise after she leaves my hero's house.


With no warning, three shadowy figures melted out of the shrubbery around the porch and surrounded her. They seized her under her arms and propelled her backwards toward the house before she had time to call out. She hit her head against the wall, and for a moment she saw stars. A hand sheathed in a thick, leather glove roughly covered her mouth and nose as she drew a breath to scream. One of the attackers slapped a length of duct tape across her mouth.

The two largest men crushed her against the house while the third man casually slipped a knife from his pocket. Kathryn struggled with all her strength, but she might as well have tried to move the house itself. She was no match for two strong men.

"Be still, Dr. Sinclair," the third man ordered. He held the knife in front of Kathryn’s terrified eyes for her inspection.

Blurb


"First Lady Kills President Lovinggood"

December 29, 2018


Thirty years later Hank Lovinggood embarks on a quest to prove his mother's innocence and punish the killers who took his family from him.  Together Hank and lovely physicist Kathryn Sinclair confront an implacable, twisted, merciless enemy who'll do whatever it takes to hide the truth forever. 


10 comments:

  1. Wow, Elaine---this is really good!

    I've always said you have a great talent for tension, but now I'll have to add action scenes to that! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice 8!
    One suggestion though...
    "She hit her head against the wall"

    Sounds almost like she hit her head on the wall on purpose. Maybe make it more clear that the actions of the attackers caused her head to slam against the wall? Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. *pins self to page*
    *grumblemumble*
    I have no idea why it took me three tries to get here...

    Lice tension and action. (And I have to laugh at the timing because my FMC was just getting manhandled by an attacker last night. That whole "struggling in the grasp" thing is tough.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, so dramatic and I could totally visualize what was happening from your description. Excellent excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds dangerous. Hope she'll be okay

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my intense! Great 8 and I so want to know more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very intense. Great description. I was right there with her, and terrified right alongside her. Wonderful excerpt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really scary. I wonder what they want from her.

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is great! I *really* want to know more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Elaine. Nice writing. Powerful excerpt. I agree with Frank; the only thing slightly off is the way her head hits the wall. Otherwise, great job!

    ReplyDelete