My Books!

Monday, November 25, 2013

Beyond the Book: Pumpkin PIe

Hi, there, readers. My name is Dr. Kathryn Sinclair, and I'm Elaine's heroine in her upcoming release Blue 52. I have to complain about that Prince Alan from The Enchanted. He's hosted so often that he thinks he owns Beyond the Book!  I had to argue like crazy with him before he'd let me share a recipe with you. LOL. Here I am, though.

One of my favorite Thanksgiving dishes is pumpkin pie. We have it every year, and there's never any left over. Would you like to see my recipe? I have a simple secret that elevates this pie from just good to sublime.  Here you are, and I hope each and every one of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

 Pumpkin Pie

Pie:

1 16 oz can pumpkin

1 1/3 cups evaporated milk undiluted

1/3 cup honey

½ cup sugar

2 large eggs

2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

In large bowl mix all ingredients with a wire whisk. Pour into unbaked 10 inch pie shell. Preheat over to 425. Bake pie 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 350. Bake 35 minutes or more until knife inserted comes out clean. Cool on rack and chill.


Topping:

¼ cup sugar

½ tsp allspice

¼ cup pecans chopped

2 TBSP water

In a small pan cook all ingredients until golden brown. Pour onto greased foil. Chill and chop. Put cool whip on top of the pie and sprinkle the topping on the cool whip. I always doubled the topping recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment