Happy Thanksgiving. How much do you really know about Thanksgiving? Take this quick quiz to find out. The answers are listed below.
1. How many people were at the first Thanksgiving?
2. What magazine editor lobbied for a national day of Thanksgiving in the 19th century? Of course we know she was successful.
3. How did pumpkin pie achieve political significance in the 19th century?
4. When was the first Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade?
5. How many turkeys are eaten at Thanksgiving?
1. 50 Pilgrims, 90 native Americans
2. Sarah Josepha Hale
3. New England writers made pumpkin pie a regional delicacy, and when President Lincoln proclaimed Thanksgiving as a national holiday, the South saw it as an attempt to thrust Northern values onto the South.
5. About 46 million which is more than at Christmas or Easter.