My Books!

Thursday, August 18, 2016

Time Will Tell

Title: Time Will Tell
Author: Scarlett Wells
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Release Date: August 12, 2016
 
When Emmett helps Viola on her first day of kindergarten, a friendship is forged. As the years pass, their friendship blossoms. But fate tears them apart just as they are discovering their true feelings for one another. Can their love survive time, distance, and the challenges life throws at them? Only time will tell.
"Amazing Debut Novel.  .....I read this book in one sitting, I couldn't put it down....it was amazing" ~5 star review by Annie (Goodreads)
"This is a debut novel from this author, and my word, what a surprise it is! This is a beautiful, emotional, love story." ~ 5 Star Review from Wendy's Book Blog

After dinner, Coach heads to the hotel and my folks head to bed, leaving Mutt and I sitting on the porch swing, getting caught up.
I tell him about school, how I am now tutoring because my grades are so high, about all the after-school activities I’m involved in, about Kevin, Deedee and Chase. Mutt takes it all in, smiling the entire time.
During a pleasant lull in the conversation, he puts his arm behind me on the back of the swing and rests his head against mine, rubbing my shoulder with his fingers. I hum at the familiarity of it, even though he’s changed so much since the last time I saw him. He hums, too, and then we both laugh.
He uses his other hand to turn my head toward him. My heart starts pounding so hard, I’m pretty sure he can hear it. When he licks his lips, I close my eyes and lean forward. It feels like the air crackles between us before I feel his lips brush against mine. I whimper, feeling him smile against my lips in response. He chuckles before he does it again, sending a shiver down my spine. 
“Open your eyes, Lola. Look at me. Let me see you,” he says, his voice low. “Tell me what you’re thinking.”
I open my eyes and gaze into his.
“I… I think you should definitely do that again,” I breathe.
Scarlett Wells has been a voracious reader since she was a toddler sitting in the laundry basket she used to move her library from place to place. Her love of reading has been a constant in her life and ultimately led to her sharing her own stories.
Scarlett is a stay-at-home mom to a sassy, precocious 5-year old, wife to a software engineer (read: geek), and slave to two cats. If she’s not reading or writing, she can be found at Target, trapped under an avalanche of laundry, guzzling wine while she’s cooking dinner, or playing with her munchkin.
HOSTED BY:

No comments:

Post a Comment