My Books!

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Six Sentence Sunday

For the next few weeks I may do a series of quick character sketches.  The subject of today's sketch is Elaine Lovinggood from Return Engagement.  Return Engagement is available at Whiskey Creek Press.  In this excerpt, my hero's mother finds out from the hero's father that some major bad stuff has happened to her family.

“What’s wrong with you?” she screamed. “How could you let a thing like this happen? I go away for two weeks to buy some clothes, and in my absence you let things totally fall apart.”

Stung, Senator Lovinggood retorted, “I’m sorry I forgot to schedule a kidnapping, Elaine.”

“I’ve told you a million times you need a bodyguard, but no…”

“You don’t have a bodyguard either so…”


Readers, what do you think?

6 comments:

  1. Love his plucky response. :) Maybe they need bodyguards to keep them apart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice piece of dialog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to schedule a kidnapping! Stellar!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well the kidnapping line got me going. I certaily want to find out what went on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Taryn. How can anyone forget to schedule a kidnapping

    ReplyDelete