My Books!

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Sweet Saturday Sample: Purple Heart

Welcome to Sweet Saturday Sample.  Today's excerpt comes from Purple Heart which is available at http://www.thewildrosepress.com/index.phpmain_page=product_info&cPath=88_119&products_id=404 and most other retail outlets.  In this excerpt Jenna, my heroine, is having a hard time paying attention to her friend.

“Do you think you can go shopping with me on Saturday afternoon?” Crystal asked. “I need some new shoes.”

Jenna didn’t answer. She couldn’t take her eyes off Mike Hightower who had just entered the Taylor-Lord cafeteria and seated himself beside Carol Burch. He wore a blue shirt today, and it made his blue eyes absolutely glow. She had immediately noticed it when Mike spoke to her this morning.

She hadn’t stopped thinking about him since the day of the picnic. Who could help it? A girl would have to be blind not to notice Mike Hightower. The man had a great body. His shoulders and chest looked absolutely fabulous.

Crystal sighed. “Stop staring at him.”

“What?”

“Jenna, pay attention! You haven’t heard a word I said.”
 
 
 
If you're interested in decorating, check my blog on Tuesday.  I'm showing how Mike and Jenna remodeled and decorated their house after they got married.


5 comments:

  1. Well, someone is definitely interested! And being obvious about it. I wonder when Mike is going to pick up on that? :) Nice sample.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike Hightower sounds delicious! I love the name, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's got it bad and not making a secret of it either. I want to know more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love this snippet...and I can't wait to see how Mike and Jenna decorate their house!

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice sample! I can just picture his eyes matching his shirt.

    ReplyDelete