My Books!

Friday, March 14, 2014

Saturday Sample: Blue 52 is a Recommended Read

Will you forgive me if I brag a minute? Blue 52 is on a virtual book tour, and yesterday I was hosted by Harlie's Books. She gave Blue 52 a Recommended Read sticker, and her book review almost brought tears to my eyes. Please do visit her website and read the review. You can find it at http://www.harliesbooks.com. While you are there, you can sign up to win a $50 Amazon/B&N gift certificate.

I guess my excerpt today should be from Blue 52 so here goes. In this scene my hero Hank had a confrontation at a party with a very dangerous man.


“You address my father with respect!” Rob Stanton shouted. Hank flicked spittle from his arm as every head in the room turned their way.

He coolly stuffed the red ribbon in his pocket. “He doesn’t deserve my respect, and he really should learn some manners. This is a party to raise money for charity, not a forum to insult my father.”

“You Lovinggoods!” Josh Stanton’s face was dark with loathing. “You always thought you were better than anyone else. Ha! Look at what happened to Richard. His own wife murdered him.”

Hank laughed. “I doubt it, but either way Dad’s still a hero thirty years after his death. Not too many people call you a hero, do they? If I remember correctly, you finished Dad’s term of office but didn’t win a term on your own, right?”

Oh, this will come back to haunt him.  You can find Blue 52 at http://www.amazon.com/Blue-52-Elaine-Cantrell-ebook/dp/B00H1MHC24/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1394853067&sr=8-1&keywords=blue+52+by+elaine+cantrell and at most online retail outlets.

Blurb:


"First Lady Kills President Lovinggood"
December 29, 2018


Thirty years later Hank Lovinggood embarks on a quest to prove his mother's innocence and punish the killers who took his family from him.  Together Hank and lovely physicist Kathryn Sinclair confront an implacable, twisted, merciless enemy who'll do whatever it takes to hide the truth forever. 

No comments:

Post a Comment