My Books!

Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Beyond the Book: Romance Novels




What are the most romantic books of all time?  

Well, that’s an interesting question with no set answers. Your list is probably different from mine, but here’s what I think.

1.Gone With the Wind. When Rhett grabbed Scarlett and ran up those stairs, it took my breath away. Clark Gable who played Rhett in the movie was the perfect actor for the job. His portrayal of Rhett was exactly right.

2.Wuthering Heights. Even death couldn’t separate Cathy and Heathcliff.

3.Pride and Prejudice. People all over the world like this one. You can get a good feel for English life in the 1800’s too.

4. The Sherwood Ring. This is a young adult book. I read it a long time ago and was totally enchanted by it. So much so, that my heroine in Fortuna is named Aimee Sherwood.

5.The Bronze Horseman. It’s heart wrenching, wonderful, and at the end I vowed never to read another book by Paullina Simons. That was before I found out there was a sequel.

6. Return Engagement. His father broke them up ten years ago, but when they meet by chance on a California beach, the sparks fly.

 

What’s that? You don’t think I should include Return Engagement because I wrote it? What can I say? It’s super romantic and makes my heart just melt. Tell me about your list. What do you think are the most romantic books ever?

No comments:

Post a Comment