My Books!

Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Beyond the Book: Want to Share?

This week I’m moving from the world of fiction to the real world, and even in the real world there are happy love stories. I’d like to share my own love story with you. It certainly meets the criteria.

The first time I saw my future husband I was eighteen and working a summer job before I started college in the fall. Luckily, I had been able to get a first shift job at a local factory. We had finished work for the day, and I was talking to my friend Pam who was also earning money for college. She smiled very warmly at this young man who had just come into work on the second shift. I thought that was a little odd because she’d been going out with Bruce Cantrell since high school. 

To make a long story short, the young man was Bruce’s brother. I had gone to school with Bruce since junior high, but I never knew he had an older brother.

We started speaking to each other every day, and gradually something strange happened. I was dating someone at the time and was happy with him, but I started to feel that somehow Wallace (Bruce’s brother’s name) and I had this connection. I felt that he was a part of my future although I had no idea how that would be.

Well, school started in the fall and I saw Wallace on campus several times during the year. And each time I felt more and more as if we belonged together. When I broke up with the young man I had been dating, I made sure Wallace knew it. He asked me out about a week later, and I found out I wasn’t the only one who’d felt destiny at work. 

We got married three years later. I doubled up on my classes so I could graduate a semester early, and we started our life’s journey together. I’ve never regretted a minute of it. At this time we’ve been married for forty-eight years, and I only hope we get forty-eight more.   

How about your story? Why not share it with us?

No comments:

Post a Comment