My Books!

Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Beyond the Book: Pictures, Pictures, Pictures

Looking at the photos on your phone (or camera, if you still use one), what place or type of event do you tend to photograph most often? 

I have to confess that I haven’t taken many pictures lately. I see people snapping shots all the time, but unless it’s something really nice I usually just let it go. One reason for this may be the fact that the camera on my phone works well, but it’s really hard to retrieve the pictures. I’ve had several people look at it, and no one can figure it out. I can look at them on my phone, but it’s super hard to share them with others.

I expected that most of the pictures would be of my grandchildren, and several years ago that was true. However, as time passed I’ve taken fewer pictures of them unless it’s in a special context such as a holiday. 

I do take lots of pictures on vacation. Some of them turn out well. I’ve watched our family grow and age just by looking at vacation pictures. I do promise that there will never be another vacation picture of me in a bathing suit, though. 

I have lots of pictures of my pets. They’re all so cute, and when they do something funny or sweet I grab for my phone. You can’t tell a dog or cat to stay still so I miss a lot of nice shots.

If you go just by quantity I think I’ve taken more pictures of the holidays than anything else. With everybody together I make sure to take plenty of pictures. I like to take pictures of my Christmas decorations too. I do more for Christmas than any other holiday. I used to decorate for all of them, but it’s just too hard to do now. That’s a shame because I have some beautiful Easter decorations. 

What about you? Do you take lots of pictures during the holidays?

No comments:

Post a Comment