My Books!

Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Beyond the Book: What's Up For 2023?

 "What’s first on your to-do list for 2023?”

This topic makes me think of new year resolutions, and I stopped making those years ago. The only thing I ever achieved was a guilty feeling because I failed to follow through with my resolutions. Nevertheless, I do have some things that I intend to accomplish in 2023. 

To me the most important thing is that my husband and I will celebrate our 50th anniversary. We never made a big deal over it because I was a teacher, and school had just started so there was little time to think of much more than a dinner out. This year, provided our health is okay, I want us to do something special. Maybe a little vacation would be nice. Maybe a party with all our friends and family. I’m not sure yet, but it is a milestone anniversary so we’ll do something.

Another thing I’d like to focus on in 2023 is getting my kitchen redone. The last time we redid it, it was so beautiful, but a lot of years have gone by, and it needs a facelift. I’ve already started searching for the best person for the job. 

Another thing I need to do in 2023 is get my grandson situated in a good college. My husband and I have agreed to pay for his schooling, but he’s unsure what he’d like to do. I think he would be an excellent physical therapist, and he is leaning that way, but he does need some guidance before he makes a final decision. 

The last think I’d like to do is get some of my edited manuscripts to a publisher. I truly feel they are good, but the true test will be whether or not a publisher thinks they’re good. There’s one in particular whose time has come. I’ve hesitated to send it out because my hero and heroine both do some lousy things. However, that seems to be a trend in books today so I need to strike while the iron is hot. I’m going through it once more with an eye to making these characters a little nicer, so wish me luck. My heroine especially behaves badly. Whether she has just cause to do so the readers will have to decide for themselves.

What about all of you? Anything special on your agenda for 2023?


No comments:

Post a Comment