My Books!

Tuesday, March 28, 2023

To Blog or Not.

 “What characteristics make for an interesting blog? Do you regularly read many/any blogs (besides this one)? Why or why not?”

I didn’t really read blogs until my first book was published. At the time I had no idea how to promote it, but several more experienced authors told me to start a blog. I made one on Blogspot and started making posts. I took great care to speak of books and information I thought other authors would like to know. It wasn’t long before I was getting many visits per day. I think the largest number I ever had was about 500 day. I got loads of comments and discussions too. I was pleased.

But as time went by, fewer and fewer people showed up. The content didn’t change, but I think lots of people just stopped reading blogs. Some may have made a transition to YouTube, Instagram, etc. I never did. So, what blogs do I read now?

There are a few author blogs I like, and I enjoy home remodeling and decorating. I’ve followed some people because they had for want of a better word, a gimmick of some sort. Like the lady with nine children for instance. If the blogger is on a blogging schedule I appreciate having it up on time. Not that I expect every post to be brilliant, but I’d like to read it to the end before I get too bored. I don’t like blogs with too much information crowded onto the page, and I especially dislike having to hunt for the post. I’ve been to blogs where I got so disgusted trying to find the post that I quit hunting. Also, if your blog is a sweet romance blog don’t try to sneak anything erotic by me. Be consistent in your message.

As far as my own personal blog goes, I’m mainly a book blogger there. I still talk about my own work, but I suspect not many people are interested. So what’s your take on things? If you get lots of hits on your blog, please tell me how you did it.


No comments:

Post a Comment