My Books!

Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Beyond the Book: Chicken Pie

 After all the cooking I did at Easter you'd think I would share something besides a recipe today, right?

Well you'd usually be correct, but I have some leftover chicken, and I thought I'd make a chicken pie with her. This recipe is super easy, tasty great, and never fails to get rave reviews. So here it is, and I hope you enjoy it. If you do try it, let me know what you think


Chicken Pie    

 

1 chicken chopped  I usually cut corners and use a rotisserie chicken.

1 can cream of chicken soup

1 can cream of celery soup

1 can mixed vegetables

1 ½ cans chicken broth

1 cup self-rising flour

1 cup buttermilk

1 stick butter

 

Place the chicken in the bottom of a casserole dish

Layer the vegetables on top

Mix the soups and chicken broth and pour over the chicken mixture

Mix the flour, buttermilk and butter together and pour over the mixture. Bake at 350 until brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment