My Books!

Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Beyond the Book: I'd Consider It.

 Would you consider publishing a serialized version of one of your stories? 

Yes, I believe I would consider it. To tell you the truth, I don’t know much about the various platforms that are available to serialize a novel. I’d have to do some research to find out which one I think is best for me. One of my publishers, Clean Reads, closed their doors last year so I do have plenty of material I could use. I haven’t thought about new material yet. I was just thinking of a way to get some of my titles back in the market. I used to share excerpts on Weekend Writing Warriors, and I found that if I took a chapter from a book and put it up consecutively people did seem to come back to read it each week so I do think the idea has merit. 

The platform that I’m most familiar with is Kindle Vella. Amazon had this to say about Kindle Vella: 

We’re introducing a new storytelling option: Kindle Vella. With Kindle Vella, U.S. based authors can publish serialized stories, one short episode at a time. Readers can explore Kindle Vella stories in the Kindle app by going to the Discover tab in app on iOS devices or the Store tab in app on Android and Fire devices and tapping the Kindle Vella link, and they can also visit the Kindle Vella store at http://www.amazon.com/kindle-vella. Our Monday Fox also spoke about Kindle Vella take a peek at her post this week if you haven’t done that already. 

Personally, I think sorting through old material and changing it to meet best practice guidelines would be challenging. However, it would be an opportunity to shape things up that might have bothered you when the book first came out.It would also be an excellent way to acquaint readers with your work. If people don’t know you’re out there they can’t read your book. I also think that many people only like to read small amounts at a time for one reason or another. Kindle Vella would be perfect for them. 

I don’t believe I know anyone who has actually used this platform. If you’ve used it I’d love to hear your opinion of it.

PS.  Kindle Vella only takes new material, but I think there are others who take previously published work.

No comments:

Post a Comment