My Books!

Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Beyond the Book: Cream Caramel and Murder

 

Blurb:

With its stunning turrets and beautiful rose gardens, I always thought Audley Castle was perfect, set in the idyllic English village of Audley St. Mary. It’s a place I love to call home. But behind the trimmed hedgerows, stately gardens, and birdsong, a killer is waiting…

After being forced to close my charming cafĂ© in this quaint little village, I’m thrilled to get a job in the Audley Castle kitchens, making divine treats for visitors and serving the Audley family who live in the castle.

The joy fades when I take my beloved dog for a walk, and he leads us to the body of a family friend, Kendal Jakes. Seemingly caught in the act of tampering with evidence by the castle’s security team, I become the number one murder suspect! It’ll take more than my skills with a piping bag to solve this crisis.

As fingers get pointed at me, I have no choice but to take matters into my flour-covered hands and clear my name. As I snoop, I discover old rivalry, jealousy, and long-standing grudges.

Having mastered the art of creating a perfectly fluffy souffle, I’m known for my determination to get things right, and I won’t rest until I uncover the truth about this murder. Even if doing so puts me in the killer’s line of sight.

My Review:

This is my first experience with K.E. O’Connor’s work, and I did enjoy the book. It’s definitely a cozy mystery, but the characters may surprise you. The connection to royalty was very different from the traditional view. The family may be royalty, but it sure is an updated kind of royalty. I liked it, though. The heroine’s dog, Meatball is a nice character as well.The book was a quick read, but if the author had dragged it out it wouldn’t have been as much fun. If you’re interested in a mystery set in a castle that may be haunted, grandmothers locked in the turret (maybe), some twists and turns as you go, and of course baking, you’ll like this one. Oh, and don’t forget Lord Rupert. He’s definitely got an eye on Holly. 

Does it sound like your cup of of tea?

No comments:

Post a Comment