My Books!

Tuesday, April 2, 2024

What Would You Do?

 “Which of the following would you choose (for the next two hours) if you had complete schedule freedom, plus availability, accessibility, etc?”

  • A. read a favorite book
  • B. watch a favorite movie
  • C. eat a favorite meal OR dine at your favorite restaurant
  • D. participate in a favorite activity
  • E. converse (un-interrupted by others) with a favorite person 

Let’s take a look at this list and see what we can figure out. First, the choice to read a favorite book. If I had less free time I’d probably choose this one, but since I’m retired I can make time for almost anything I’d like to read. My husband I usually end our day by reading before we cut off the lights and go to sleep. Sometimes I get caught up and read longer than I should because the next day I’ll be sleepy and maybe a little cross.

The second choice is to watch a favorite movie. I do have several favorites, and they’re a treat no matter how many times I’ve seen them. I like classic Christmas movies such as A Christmas Carol or It’s a Wonderful life. I also like The Sound of Music, Gone With the Wind, and a movie you’ve probably never heard of titled Crazy From the Heart. If you haven’t watched Crazy From the Heart, I suggest you get a copy and watch it. To me, it’s truly delightful. In fact it’s about time to watch it again. 

The third choice is to eat a favorite meal or go to your favorite restaurant. I can tell you right now that this wouldn’t be my pick. My husband and I don’t cook much. We eat out a lot more so this option wouldn’t be a special treat for me. Last night, though, I did make sausage gravy and biscuits for us. We both enjoyed them. 

Option 4 is to participate in a favorite activity. That would be nice, but I’m not sure what my favorite activity is. I suppose that at this time it wouldn’t be too strenuous. In the last year I’ve developed arthritis so things such as horseback riding or hiking are out. A nice, reasonable walk with our dogs is as hard as it gets. One favorite activity is spending time with my friends. We get together weekly and have a super time. 

Last, conversing with a favorite person is a thing I love, but I usually speak to my favorite people frequently if not daily. Since I have this opportunity, I don’t think I’d choose this one. Of course if I had the chance to speak to someone that I haven’t spoken to in a long time this could be my choice. 

So by the process of elimination, I think my choice would be to watch a favorite movie. It would be such a treat to sit down with with something good to snack on and watch the kind of movie I like. So what would you do if the choice was yours to make? 


No comments:

Post a Comment