My Books!

Tuesday, August 6, 2024

Beyond the Book: Childhood Favorites

If you asked me if I still read some of the books I loved as a child, My answer would be yes. Through the years I found something in them to make me treasure them. Here’s a list of some of my all time favorites.

The Trixie Belden series. Trixie had a knack for finding mysteries. Along the way she and her friends caught many criminals. 

Little Women . It’s a classic for sure. The language is somewhat archaic, but you know what? If you set the book in 2024 and used modern language the book comes alive with current themes and problems.

My Friend Flicka. I’m a horse lover so when I found Flicka I thought I’d won the lottery. I didn’t catch some of the adult themes in the books, I was too caught up in what was happening to the horses.

The Whitman Series. If you had sixty cents you could go to dime store and buy a book. You won’t know what a dime store is, but the title pretty well explains it. They published a series of young adult books, some of which I read.and enjoyed.

The Black Stallion books. Yeah, I crazy about horse. The book is about a big black stallion who could only be ridden by the boy who saved his life.

Little House on the Prairie. Watching Laura and the sister grow up in the 1800s captivated America as soon as the book was published. I watched the TV series as an adult and still loved it. You can get the books almost anywhere.

The Sherwood Ring. The heroine’s father dies, and she’s sent to live with her uncle. It wasn’t long until she learns that the house which has been in the family for centuries is haunted by some of ancestors. This one is just plain fun.

If you have a favorite tell us what it is. We’d love to know. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment