My Books!

Friday, February 13, 2015

Saturday Sample


Happy Valentine's Day! I hope your valentine gives you his/her heart. In today's excerpt, my hero and heroine have taken shelter in a deserted cabin high in the mountains in order to escape a major ice storm.


Jake rummaged around for a pot to boil some water and caught her staring at him again. Oh, wait, she must be staring at his face. He’d forgotten to sit so that the worst of it was turned away from her. He carried the water over to the fire and caught her staring again. This time he stared back at her. The expression on her face absolutely took his breath away. Her beautiful blue eyes had gone all misty, and her face looked soft, rosy, and dreamy. And oh, those moist looking, tempting lips.

“Jake.”

“What?” He held his breath in anticipation of her answer. Her eyes dropped. “I...I ...nothing. Well...”


“What is it?”


“I love you,” Peyton blurted out.


She surprised him so much that he jumped and hit the pot of 
water with his knee. The fire made a hissing sound as the water hit it, but there hadn’t been enough water in the pot to put it out.
At that moment Jake would have given ten years off his life to look the way he used to. She loved him.

Peyton’s face had gone scarlet. “Say something,” she demanded. “Didn’t you hear what I said?”

He bit the inside of his lip until he tasted blood. This was something he’d never expected to hear, but he had to keep her welfare in mind, not his own. It didn’t matter that his heart felt warm, full of love and desperate all at the same time. “Yes, I heard you, and I thank you for saying so, but what you’re feeling is gratitude, not love.” 

Buy link:http://tinyurl.com/ktb6dof

1 comment:

  1. I know he wants to believe she loves him but he's sooo sure he's unlovable. Great snippet.

    ReplyDelete