My Books!

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Beyond the Book: Copper Pennies

Welcome to Beyond the Book. Do you like to cook? My name is Kara Cochrane, and I was Elaine's heroine in Her Kind of Man. Cooking is one of my hobbies, and since it's snowing today, and I can't get out much I thought I'd share one of my favorite recipes with you. Hope you like it.

Copper Pennies

2 lbs. carrots sliced
1 medium onion thinly sliced
1 small bell pepper cut in thin strips
1 can tomato soup, undiluted
1/2 c. salad oil.
1 c. sugar
3/4 c. vinegar
1 tsp prepared mustard
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
salt and pepper to taste

Boil carrots in salted water just until fork tender.  Drain and set aside to cool. Mix carrots, pepper, and onions in bowl you can seal tightly. Combine soup, oil, sugar, vinegar and seasonings. Mix well and pour over vegetables. Refrigerate.

Let me know if you try it.

Her Kind of Man was designated A True Gem!

Available at Amazon and most other retail outlets.



No comments:

Post a Comment