My Books!

Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Beyond the Book: Get a Nice Appointment Book

What do you constantly need reminding of?
What an easy question to answer! I have to be reminded of almost everything. Of course there are a few things I can remember. I know that I have a ladies’ luncheon every Tuesday, and I know that we go out with our friends on Saturday night, but other than that, the older I get the more reminders I need.
It really surprised me when I started forgetting things. I told my doctor that I was too young to forget things, and he laughed and laughed. Apparently you can be younger than ancient and still not have the recall of your younger days.
The thing which helps me most is a nice appointment calendar. For a while I tried just writing things down on random sheets of paper, but that didn’t work because I’d lose the paper. I found a very nice appointment book. It had larger than usual blocks to write things in, which I loved. Of course I had to learn that unless I used it faithfully it was nothing more than a nuisance taking up space.
Anyway, the system was working great for me, and then I lost my nice appointment book. Yikes! My life was in that book, not to mention a lot of passwords, phone numbers, and addresses. I went and bought a new book, but luckily I found the old one. That taught me a valuable lesson. Keep your book in its appointed place and you won’t lose it.
I suppose I could keep track of things on my phone, but by the time I can take it out and find my calendar, I could already have turned to the page I need in a print book.
If you’re like me and need constant reminders, try buying a nice book to write it down in.     What about you? Do you need reminders?

No comments:

Post a Comment