My Books!

Saturday, June 25, 2016

Saturday Sample: The Captain and the Cheerleader


Susan English can’t stand Robin Lanford! She’s so full of herself she irritates everyone on the faculty of Fairfield High. When Robin bets Susan fifty dollars that she can’t get a date with Kurt Deveraux, the head football coach, Susan jumps at the chance to put the little heifer in her place. She had no idea that teaching Robin a lesson would irrevocably change her life, strain treasured friendships, and throw two families into chaos.

We know the Susan won her bet with Robin when Kurt asked her to go to a party with him. Unfortunately, they drank too much and ended up sleeping together which didn't please Susan at all. She begged Kurt to take her home, and in today's excerpt they've just reached Susan's house.

Excerpt:

Once they were inside, she threw her keys in a bowl on the kitchen counter and tossed her jacket toward the sofa. It fell to the floor, but she didn’t care. “Go ahead and say what you want. Then I’d

like for you to leave because I’m too ashamed to face you. I just want to shower and go to bed.”

She chanced a glance Kurt’s way. He looked as woozy and bad as she probably did. “I don’t blame you for not wanting to talk to me,” he said. He ran his hand across the back of his neck. “You don’t know me very well, but I promise you I don’t make a habit of sleeping with women in no condition to say no. It was just that damned tequila. I already wanted you, and the tequila pushed me over the edge.” 

Buy link: http://amzn.to/1NDgnrg

No comments:

Post a Comment