My Books!

Saturday, August 31, 2019

Snippet Sunday and Weekend Writing Warriors


Welcome to Snippet Sunday and Weekend Writing Warriors, your chance to sample the work of a talented group of authors. When you finish here you can find more snippets at:

http://www.wewriwa.com   

https://www.facebook.com/groups/SnippetSunday/

For the last few months I've been sharing excerpts from Turnaround Farm, but today I'm sharing from another book, Never Trust a Pretty Wolf. We'll begin with Chapter One.

Blurb:
Liesel Wolf has a secret, a dangerous secret she’ll go to any lengths to conceal. When she’s paired in a charity game with sexy marshal Andy Bryce, a man with secrets of his own, her carefully constructed world comes crashing down, and Liesel’s on a collision course with her past.


Last week:

“All right, you win. Here. Read the rules for Melton’s game. It’s for charity, you know.”

He thrust a glossy, colorful pamphlet at Andy, who scowled like a maniac. “I don’t want to participate in this thing, Tony, and you know it. If you think it’s so cool, do it yourself.”

“Can’t.” He smirked at Andy. “Melinda’s folks are visiting us that week.


Excerpt


8 comments:

  1. Cool! I have a friend who does geocaching, but I've never seen it used in a book, so this could be a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree with Ed. They do geocaching on the local community trail. I like that you've put it into a story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting event to work into the story, so many possibilities as to where the plot can take them. Clever! Enjoyed the snippet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard of geocaching, never seen it. I'm anxious to know more. Intriguing snippet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My daughter does geocaching--I've actually helped her find some sites. It gets addictive. So this could be a great activity to bring people together. Great choice for a contemporary romance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Never heard of geocaching. Can't wait for what happens next.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I never heard of geocaching either. I'm intrigued to know more.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never come across geocaching in a story before either, what an interesting concept for a storyline!

    ReplyDelete